Who hasn’t associated an armchair beach holiday with a Pina Colada? If you haven’t tried a Pina Colada with coconut milk or a Pina Colada with vanilla ice cream once, you haven’t enjoyed the sea breeze for sure.
Also, if you happen to love coconut, in your veggies, curries, desserts and everything that you devour, well here’s a Pina Colada cocktail recipe just for you.
Pina Colada with Ice cream Recipe
- Tall Cocktail glass (with a wide mouth)
- Bar blender
Ingredients for Pina Colada Ice cream Recipe with Rum
- 1 shot white rum (Bacardi will do just fine)
- 1 small tetrapack (or 200ml) pineapple juice
- 1 cup coconut milk/ coconut cream (canned is good enough)
- 1 small scoop vanilla ice-cream
- 5-6 slices pineapple (for garnishing)
- A few ice cubes (muddled, using a muddler)
How to Make a "Pineapple and Ice-cream Mix"
- Pour a small tetrapack of pineapple juice into a blender jar.
- Add a cup of coconut cream to it.
- Then drop in a small pack of vanilla ice-cream followed by some muddled ice. I've seen chefs plonk ice cubes into a stout glass, then using a muddler (preferably a wooden one) break the ice in downwards motion till somewhat crushed or "muddled".
- Blend the above ingredients, preferably in a bar blender, till nice and frothy. Let's call this a "pineapple and ice-cream mix"
Method for churning out a Pina Colada Recipe with Ice cream
- Pour a shot of rum into a cocktail glass. Then let the "pineapple and ice-cream mix" follow, until the glass is filled to the brim.
- Garnish with pineapple rings.
Coconut isn’t among my favourites, not at least in my drinks and hence I’d be truthful in admitting that Pina Colada would be my choice only on a sunny day on a beach with my lady friends. However, for those who swear by the nutty fruit, this would be a dreamy sensation.
Coconut Pina Colada is a cocktail for coconut and pineapple enthusiasts.