I must share my all-time favourite two-ingredient green veggie recipe. Technically speaking, it has just one ingredient which is the french bean vegetable. Garlic forms a small portion of this dish but well, let’s add this little bulb as yet another ingredient.
This dish has enough garlic to lend the french beans an aromatic flavour. Well, here’s the recipe for this green humility in the form of garlic stir fry beans.
GARLIC STIR FRY BEANS RECIPE
- 250 gms french beans
- 8 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
- 3-4 cups water
- ½-¾ tsp black pepper powder (freshly ground)
- 1.5-2 tbsp butter
- Salt to taste
- Wash the french beans, then snip both ends.
- Bring to boil 3-4 cups water with salt doing so on high heat, add the french beans when the water comes to a boil. Let simmer for 5-7 minutes, on low heat till par-boiled.
- When done, remove from fire, drain in a sieved bowl and keep aside.
- Heat a non-stick pan with butter, add the chopped garlic and saute for a few seconds. Add the blanched beans, salt and pepper and saute for a further 3-5 minutes. Turn off the stove, remove the pan from the heat and place on a steaming tray/rack to not allow it to cook further.
- Play around with some ready fried onions, if you have some in stock. Toss a palmful of fried onions over the beans to give it a twist. This is an OPTIONAL step.
Remove the garlic stir fry beans into a dish – preferably a ceramic one, choosing to eat it with fried chicken or a prawn salad or with flavoured rice or both. You are free to add as much garlic as you like if you are a garlic lover. Do ensure that you add the chopped garlic in tiny batches to allow you to taste it after each batch to not allow it an overdose of flavour. Sprinkle some fried onions if you have the ready-made variety, just for a momentary elan.
Do post your comments if you have tried cooking the recipe and if like what you cooked.
Check out some other One, Two, or Three-Ingredient Recipes here!