HOMEMADE STRAWBERRY BANANA ICE CREAM RECIPE
Strawberry soft serve ice cream is prepared similar to the banana soft serve method except that this recipe contains strawberries that are frozen and blended together with frozen banana, honey and essence. A hint of strawberry crush may be added for extra flavour.
- 4 golden bananas (medium sized ripe ones, but not overly ripe)
- 10-12 strawberries (washed, cleaned, patted dry, chopped into two and frozen)
- 3 tsps honey (I used an extra tsp of honey as strawberries could be sourish)
- 1-1½ tsps vanilla essence
- Hint of red colour (turns pink when combined with milk)
- 2 tsps strawberry crush (optional)
Peel the bananas, chop into 1 inch pieces and freeze
Wash the strawberries, de-stem them and pat them dry. Chop them into two, put into a polybag and freeze.
Blend the frozen banana & frozen strawberries with the honey, essence and milk. The blend may seem lumpy initially; use a long spoon to stir it around if need be. Patiently continue to plod on till the bananas and strawberries mixture turns nice and velvety smooth.